Today would have been my only son Matthew's 23rd birthday! I'm sure him and my dad along with others had a celebration in heaven that we cant even imagine. I sure love and miss Matthew but I know God had to need him more than me or he would have left him here. Sometimes I don't understand it but I trust in God!
Its ironic though how things work out. We hadn't gotten to see "lil" Matthew, that we keep lots of times, through the holidays due to the weather and here today on "My" Matthew's birthday of all days, we got a call that we could come and pick him up "lil" Matthew and have him for the weekend to do our "late" Christmas celebration. I had been waiting weeks for this. I still had my tree up and all my decorations out waiting for him. His lil lonely stocking was still hanging by the fireplace.
On the way home from getting him we stopped at the store to buy cream so that we could make some snow cream with him tomorrow. He insisted we buy cake mix, icing, and sprinkles because he wants to make a cake ... a "birthday cake", even though none of us have birthdays any time soon. He is only 4 years old! I just wander if in some way he knew about "my" Matthew and today being his birthday??? I guess that is something Ill just have to wander about but part of me believes God had a hand in this and it all worked this way for a special reason.
Day 14 Photo for Project 365!
This is Matthew in his new "Christmas" PJ's in front of the tree getting ready to open his gifts! He was very excited and he must have been a wonderful boy this past year because Santa brought him everything he had asked for. He got a Batman cave, a train set, a remote control jet & 4 wheeler, Zhu Zhu pets, and lots of other goodies! It was wonderful watching his excitement!

No comments:
Post a Comment