Well, today I had high hopes for getting my house all cleaned up and my laundry done before heading back to work tomorrow but ... that sooo did not happen. I get in these moods that I want to be in the kitchen "gumming & stirring" all day. I don't call what I do cooking. I concoct messes. From time to time I do make something good but for some reason I never stick with the same identical recipe. I can make a dish a hundred times and it will most likely taste different every time you eat it because I am a tweaker. What a mixture I made today! I started off with a country breakfast then after getting it cleaned out of the way I made homemade turkey noodle soup, a poke hole cake, ham salad, and a deep dish homemade pizza! What an odd combination huh! Well, I made the soup to warm up for tomorrow night because I am sure I will not want to cook after returning to work, the ham salad is for lunch this week, and the pizza and cake were actually for supper. In the midst of all this my youngest daughter is sick and had to return to work after being off for 2 days so when she asked "mom, will you make me some rock candy to take to work so I wont be coughing all evening" ... what did I do? I made her just that a double batch of raspberry rock candy! That is what my day 2 Project 365 picture is of and I am also sharing the recipe!
Old Fashioned Rock Candy
4 cups sugar
1 1/3 cups light corn syrup
1 1/2 cups water
2 tsp. flavoring
1/2 tsp. food coloring
Powdered Sugar
In large saucepan, mix together sugar, corn syrup, & water.
Stir over medium heat until sugar dissolves then bring mixture to a boil without stirring.
When temperature reaches 260*F add color.
Do not stir, boiling action will incorporate color into mixture.
Remove from heat at 300*F.
After boiling ceases add flavoring and stir.
Pour mixture onto lightly greased cookie sheet (I use a 17x11) and score to mark squares.
When cool, break into pieces, and dust with powdered sugar to prevent sticking.
Store in airtight container.
ENJOY!
No comments:
Post a Comment